Welcome to the website of the Le Velo club.
Formed from a spontaneous rally of riders meeting at Newlands Corner, just outside of Guildford in Surrey, in the early summer of 1950, the LE Velo Club has survived the changing values of more than six decades. Now into its 7th decade, it has over 1300 members worldwide and is a limited company committed to promoting the enjoyment, riding and restoration of the post-war lightweight models - the LE, Vogue, Valiant and Viceroy.
We have members around the world, an extensive parts department providing members with new and used parts to keep these wonderful machines alive, a monthly magazine and other benefits.
Our volunteers picking, packing, and dispatching spares have been adversely affected by age and health issues during the last twelve months. As a result we need new people for this is an unpaid role which requires reasonably regular attendance on Friday only between the hours of 10am and 2pm. The layout of the building necessitates that volunteers are able to negotiate stairs.
Could this be you?
We need someone who can help construct our wonderful little yellow magazine "On the level"
- You don't need to be a journalist
- You don't need to have lots of mechanical knowledge
- You don't need to ride an L.E. (or even have a licence)
- You don't even need to be a member of the club - You could be the partner of a member
You do need
- to be friendly and have a good sense of humour.
- Be able to use a computer and be prepared to spend up to three hours a week - (this bit isn't fixed in any way, it's up to you.
What will you be doing?
Helping to select and arrange articles that have written by our members; manoeuvering and editing where necessary to fit into a format that suits the printers and perhaps chatting to advertisers.